Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main portfolio site here where you can still read this blog, or scroll down for more links about me. Follow me on Twitter for daily updates and news. Please email me with questions or view my resume and be sure to follow my photo a day.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Hello Blog-o-sphere!

Welcome to Sarah Hearts Design! A little about me: my big project now (I always have something going on) is working towards my MFA in Graphic Design from Boston University. I'll be done in the spring of 2009. One of my summer projects is to get this blog going- so thanks for visiting!

I grew up in a smalltown (no stoplight) in the Finger Lakes Region in New York. I headed to Boston University after high school to study International Relations. The best parts of my undergrad experience were living in Grenoble, France and being part of the ballroom dancing team. Yup, that's right...ballroom dancing.

After college I had several jobs that led me to where I am today. I realized that I've always had a passion for creating and communicating. Throw these two things together and you get Sarah the Designer. I look for beauty and inspiration in every day things. I also look for inspiration when I'm pounding the pavement, some of my best ideas come to me when I'm running!

Running in Dublin

Some other tidbits:
The things most important to me: friends, family, sense of humor, staying active
Favorite artists: Vincent Van Gogh, Milton Glaser, Paula Scher, Wes Wilson to name just a few.

Paula Scher

Random things:
My picture has appeared in Sports Illustrated, I was alternate Dairy Princess of Cayuga County (even though I didn't live on a farm)

Favorite Places: The Adirondacks, Colorado, Ojai, any place warm where the sun in shining
My pet peeve: Drivers who don't stop at red lights even when when it's a walk sign, it's especially bad when horns are involved. Now THAT drives me batty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, congratulations on your Blog, happy to be the first one to leave you a comment!
It reflects your personality, Fun Fun Fun...

wish you all the best... Good luck! :):):)
Marc G.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Do take a look at our online digital magazine and blog pass on to your friends. We love your passion and hope you post some of your work on your site in the future.
All the best K&S
AT:
http://www.citystyleandliving.com/

Lesley said...

Hello Sarah from Catstudio,
The tote bags are here, along with the trays, and we have a one for Colorado. As yet they are not quite on the web site, but if you call our toll free number at 1800 819 3367 I can take your order.
The bag is the same design as the pillow with black borders, various pockets and little feet. The size is just great for a student with many books.
Love your site and so pleased you appreciate our product. Thanks. Lesley

09 10