Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Bob Dylan + Paul Rogers = Super Excited Sarah

So, I don't even know where to start, I've been amped since Thursday. Why you ask? Well, you may remember a post I wrote on one of my favorite artists, Paul Rogers. On Thursday I decided I'd email him via his blog to tell him what a big fan I am and say how excited I am that he'll be illustrating Bob Dylan's "Forever Young" book. I didn't have any expectations of hearing back from him. But get this: HE WROTE BACK! Wow. I get very starry-eyed with people I look up to. He thanked me for my post, told me a little bit about working on the book, told me my work has "a lot of promise" (WHOA!), and that's not all...wait for it...he sent a picture (and permission to post) of the soon-to-be-released book:


AAAAHHHH!!!!! That's pretty much sums up how I was, actually still am, feeling. I can't wait to see the rest of the book. I think I'll be pre-ordering it...

On top of all of that excitement, I saw Bob play at the Worcester Palladium on Friday night. Wow. Wow. Wow. The Palladium is a really neat venue because it isn't very big and there didn't seem to be a bad spot in the place. I was pretty close to the stage. I probably could've been by (on?) the stage but I didn't want to scare my concert companion Colleen. I played it cool, sort of.


Bob came out and started rockin' with Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum. He just kept hammering the whole night. You could feel the energy in the hall and I felt quite privileged to be a part of the night. Just writing about it gets me amped again! The band looked fantastic and had so much energy. Everyone was dressed in grey suits and hats, except for Bob who was in black. The band: Tony Garnier on upright bass, guitarists Denny Freeman and Stu Kimball, drummer George Recile, and steel guitar (a fave) and mandolin player Donnie Herron. Bob busted out the harmonica (my favorite) and smiled throughout the show. IT WAS AWESOME!

The set list included:
-Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
-Girl from the North Country
-Watching the River FLow
-Can't Wait
-The Levee's Gonna Break
-Simple Twist of Fate (one of my absolute favorites because it reminds me of Will and I meeting "She looked at him and he felt a spark...I still believe she was my twin..." Bryan Ferry does an amazing cover of it, I highly recommend it.)
-Rollin' and Tumblin'
-Tryin' to get to Heaven
-John Brown
-Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
-Spirit on the Water
-Highway 61 Revisited
-Workingman's Blues #2
-Summer Days
-Ballad of a Thin Man
ENCORE
-Thunder on the Mountain
-Like a Rolling Stone

Then super sad face because it was over. But, I've got the memories and a not-so-great picture because the picture police were in full force.

No comments: