Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

National Train Day- Get Your Choo Choo On!

Hey folks! Can you tell, I'm into public transportation? I thought it would be good to note that this upcoming Saturday, May 10 is the first-ever National Train Day. CHOO CHOO! Why May 10 you ask? Because on that day in 1869 the Central Pacific and Union Pacific railways were joined to form the nation's first transcontinental railroad at Promontory Summit, Utah.

You can check out lists of events happening on Saturday here. And if you're feeling adventurous, Amtrak makes it so easy to organize your own event! You can download information on how to organize as well as templates for stickers, posters and stationary. Fun, fun!

Also of note is the absolutely fabulous Train Day poster that was designed by another one of my favorite graphic artists, Michael Schwab (more on him here). I'd love (hint, hint) a limited edition, individually embossed poster of the event, but may have to settle on the regular poster as it seems the limited edition is out of stock! Sad face.

No comments: