Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

A Rose By Any Other Color...

...Still means you'll be able to shop!

This spring
Lord & Taylor, America's oldest department store, shook things up a bit by introducing a new color palette, sunrise, to stand in for their old signature red rose. Since the mid-1940s red has been the color of choice, but in an effort to revitalize business Lord & Taylor decided to spice things up with marigold-hued roses on everything from buses, bags, awnings, gift cards, direct mail and signage. Sadly, these spring roses will last only through Memorial Day. For an article from the NY Times click here.

The good news: each spring Lord & Taylor will sponsor a contest to choose a new rose campaign created by a different artist each year. That artist could be you! But hurry, the deadline to submit an entry for next year's campaign is May 26. The top sixty submissions for the first round will be posted online for public viewing (don't worry, I'll remind you). The top thirty with the highest number of votes will advance to a second round of voting and a winner will be announced on July 2nd.

I think it's a great way to create buzz and update an iconic image. I can't wait to see what's to come.

No comments: