Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Valspar Colors Rock!

Over the weekend I was busy picking out colors for my new decorating project in Boulder. While my mind started to numb walking up aisle, after aisle, after aisle in Lowe's I finally came upon one of my favorites: COLOR! As I looked over all of the swatches, Valspar's paint caught my eye with this little logo in the top right of some swatches.
Upon further investigation I've learned that these special swatches, several options pictured below, came out in 2001 (better late than never that I found out) and are based on colors used in National Trust Historic Sites. Samples from sites across the country were scientifically analyzed and documented in Munsell notations. Munsell notations you ask? That's a way of identifying colors in terms of three attributes: hue, value and chroma. I like how Valspar left a little cutout square to make it easier for you to compare colors.

Some favorite colors:



The National Trust for Historic Preservation is a private, nonprofit membership organization dedicated to saving historic places and revitalizing America's communities. They do great work and Valspar donates a portion of every sale to the organization. Philanthropy, history and home remodeling: I love it! For a fun color and decorating blog click
here and for the National Trust's blog visit this site. Happy painting!

A few more favorite swatches:

1 comment:

Tess Mattern said...

Oooh maybe K and I should use some Valspar paint when we are redoing the nook! I love the last color palette....