Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

I Heart Scott Ouderkirk Books

While I was at Creekside Books and Coffee in Skaneateles, NY I came across these unusual books that caught my eye:


Books made out of old license plates, I loved it!


The book, "Fallen Heros," is a collection of drawings, paintings and writings by
Scott L. Ouderkirk. I was drawn to the hand construction and uniqness of the books along with the sketches inside. Ouderkirk's sketches have a warm, nostalgic, whimsical feel to them. Upon further investigation, each book's cover is made from a license plate that is at least 20 years old. The back cover is hand silk-screened by Ouderkirk. He's quite the craftsman!



I have much respect for the time and care put into these books. I'm a fan of the tag line on Ouderkirk's website: "Drawings that celebrate everything around us." Cheers to that! For more information or on how to order, please visit Ouderkirk's
website and blog.

Sketch from Ouderkirk's book on barns.

No comments: