Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Summer Of Love: We Could All Use That!

Happy Independence Day America! I'll be signing off for a few days to celebrate the 4th but before I go I couldn't resist sharing a fantastic new exhibit here in Boston.

Skolnick, Arnold, 3 Days of Peace & Music – Woodstock, 1969. Silkscreen, 18 x 24.5 inches.

At the beginning of the month
I wrote about one of my favorite places, The International Poster Gallery and I can't help it, I need to write about them again. Opening July 4th is their newest exhibition: Summer of Love. Who couldn't use a little of that?

Villemot, Bernard, Plages de France, 1955. Lithograph, 25 x 39 inches.

This summer marks a milestone for the Gallery. “What a perfect way to celebrate our 15th annual summer show,” comments gallery owner, Jim Lapides. “These vibrant and playful images truly capture the sprit of summer.”

The centerpiece of the show is an original Arnold Skolnick 1969 Woodstock poster (pictured at top). Could there be anything more iconic to sum up the feeling of the time? There's something about the summer that makes me want to crank up the stereo and stay up late listening to music. Actually, I think I'm like that year-round but maybe because of the hot nights I can stay up later...

Leupin, Herbert, Eptinger Acqua Minerale, 1958. Lithograph, 35 x 50 inches.

Another summer favorite is a visit the Gallery. I've been to the summer exhibits the past few years and I always leave wanting to run off to the south of France, hop on a yacht or just bum around a beach. So, do you have a jet to get me to France? Or a yacht? Maybe I could get a ride to the beach?

Culin, Nembhard N., In 1939 – The New York World’s Fair, 1937 (handsigned). Offset, 20 x 30 inches.

The show also includes work by Nembhard N. Culin, L.C. Mitchell, Herbert Leupin and Bernard Villemot. The show runs from July 4th through Labor Day, September 1st, so be sure to show some of your International Poster Gallery love before the summer's over.

No comments: