Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Olympic Fever: Catch It

Have you heard? The Olympics start today. "Citius, Altius, Fortius", meaning faster, higher, stronger (the Olympic motto) is what I'm going to be keeping in mind.

So much has been said about these Games in Beijing but when it gets down to it, I just want to see as many events as I can. I love it all. ALL. If you were around me for the last games in Torino, you know. Essential in watching: Tivo. This great little device makes it easy to tape and watch events that end up being broadcast at 3am. This year I'll also be able to watch streaming coverage online: YAY!

I haven't written about the Olympic yet because it's something I'm so nuts about, it's like opening a can of worms, I wouldn't stop and I would just keep going and going and going then this would be a blog all about Olympics. Not that that would be bad, I've just got some other projects I should really be doing.

So, what to tune in to? Of course track and field (or more properly, athletics), especially the marathons since I saw both the men's and women's trials, swimming and gymnastics. How can you resist those outfits? It's the figure skating of the summer games. How about badmiton, canoeing, handball and fencing? Bring it on. I'm also excited for the heptathlon for women and the decathlon for men, I love these events because the athletes are Jacks and Jills of all trades. Oh and the steeplechase. Who am I kidding? I'm already on sensory overload because I love it all.

The net is flooded with information on the games. I've been following The NY Times blog, Rings, the main Olympic site and the official site for the Beijing Games. The Times' site is great because it covers the games from all angles.

One funny link I came across was Games of the Past, on that list: Tug-of-war. From the site: "Tug-of-war was on the Olympic programme in 1900, 1904, 1906 (Intercalated Games), 1908, 1912 and 1920. Tug-of-war was always contested as a part of the track and field athletics programme, although it is now considered a separate sport." Seriously? This is great stuff.

I love it. I just love it all. The logos, the hype, the architecture, the stories. I'm a sucker for a good story. So, if you want to know what I'm up to August 8-24: it's following the Olympics. USA! USA! USA!

No comments: