Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Wordle Equals Excitingle



I came across
Wordle a couple weeks ago via How About Orange. Later that week I opened the Sunday Boston Globe and saw an article that used the site to compare John McCain and Barack Obama's blogs (turns out the word used the most on McCain's blog is Obama...interesting). Now, I think that you should hear about it.



From
their site: "Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends."

For fans of typography, that would be me, this IS a toy! I plugged in the address for my blog and my del.icio.us site then just kept hitting randomize. Fun, fun, fun. It's neat to do this as the main page on my blog changes. When I first started playing around the prominent words had to do with my posts on murals in Brookline.




I didn't realize that on my delicio.us I saved a LOT about Boulder and weddings...I guess from that you can tell what I've been look up the most! Mostly I like this because it takes data and visualizes it. See my post on
Visual Complexity for more on infographics.


No comments: