Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Sake Art

In the past year I've become a big fan of cold, dry sake and the design of the bottles. Often times they look so delicate and pretty but with a bold edge. I finally took one of the bottles to share with you. Well, not technically share since it's gone but I thought the design was too sleek not to show you.



This bottle design is from Sho Chiku Bai Ginjo- say that five times fast. I'm in love with the frosted glass and delicate green brush strokes that create the elegant bird silhouette. It reminds me of my
Martha Stewart hole punch actually. This is a stand out example of simple, elegant, refined packaging.

Not only was the design nice, so was the sake! So much so that we may have had *several* bottles. I started investigating because one of the other bottles we drank had a really cool design that looked like a soy bean I think. The waiter took away the empty before I could snatch it though. I did find the below picture of the collection of three.

Via
Liquor Brands:

Upon further investigation I also found lots and lots of sake information. For instance I found the following explination of Sho Chiku Bai- Sho: the pine stands for health, Chiku: the bamboo represents prosperity, Bai: the plum portrays beauty. I heart when good design also has a good story behind it.

If you're interested in learning more about sake check out the following sites:
Sake World, Sake.com, True Sake and Wikipedia. Kampai!

No comments: