Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Caramel De-liteful!

Nearly a century ago, on March 12, 1912 Juliette Gordon Low founded the Girl Scout movement in the US. Thank you, thank you. One of my favorite parts of Girl Scouting is the annual sale of cookies, who can pass up the deliciously tasty treats? Not me, that's for sure!

This year my friend, fellow
blogger and baker Tess decided to take matters into her own hands to create homemade Girl Scout cookies. Wow, that is one word to sum up this most appetizing experience. I've been along for the gastronomic ride and have documented it in photography. I got to thinking that baking is an art form in its own right, so why not feature it on this blog?



I sat down with Tess to ask her what prompted her to take on such a challenging, yet delicious task:

Says Tess, "Lately, I have been resolved to try new and ever-challenging recipes on lazy winter evenings. I never used to cook or bake much, but in recent years I've grown to love both the working process and the final result. And there is nothing better than sharing a homemade treat with the people you care about (in this case, my lovely roommates)!

So, when Girl Scout cookie season came around, I was forwarded a link to homemade versions of their classic recipes on Baking Bites:
samoas (Caramel De-lites), thin mints and tagalongs. The samoas and thin mints were big successes, so I think tagalongs will be next up!"

This is the first post in a series of three, every Monday will feature a new cookie by Tess. Next week: Thin Mints.

No comments: