Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Barbara Boxer Campaign Poster Follow Up

A few weeks ago I shared with you a contest that Barbara Boxer's 2010 Senate Campaign was running to find her next poster. Out of 200 designs that were narrowed down to twelve, here is what voters chose:


I think the majority got it wrong. I don't think there is anything new or exciting about this poster. Looks like politics as usual if you ask me. What is innovative about this? Yes, there is a nice picture but center justified text with upper case text throughout? This is not good design. The "We The People" text block is too tight and makes the composition look busy and not in a good way. Nothing is really activating the page. Maybe this is what people voted on because it looks like what a traditional campaign poster would look like. I hope the campaign goes better than this design.

No comments: