Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Pumpkin Portraits

I'm in full fall swing despite snow a week and a half ago and summer-like temperatures this past weekend. I decided to meet in the middle mentally, where the weather should be too: fall. And with fall brings all sorts of new, inspiring colors, patterns and textures. Yesterday I took a nice drive down to Munson Farms. I loved it. As in I really loved it. They had the most amazing variety of pumpkins and squash I could barely pick, I wanted them all! Orange, yellow, blue, white...you name it!

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

It reminded me of an article in Martha Stewart Magazine, I thought from two years ago, but upon further investigation it was an article entitled "Visiting the Great Pumpkin Patch" from the October 2005 magazine. Yes, I keep my Martha Stewart mags and thank goodness because I couldn't find the article in her online archive. (Tisk, tisk.) At any rate, I was reminded of the article because of the variety of pumpkins featured at The Great Pumpkin Patch and the ones in front of me at Munson's. I hadn't been anywhere, until yesterday, that had such an eclectic mix. I was so excited to arrange them on the porch and the late afternoon light was so perfect, so fall. Also of note, I am now obsessed with The Great Pumpkin Patch's
website, I'd love to visit some day. Have a gourd-eous fall!

1 comment:

Eflagg said...

They're lovely! You're cracking me up -- did you actually buy all of those? Make sure you eat some. Yum! :)