Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Great Sand Dunes Custom Illustration

Happy Monday! Today I'd like to share another project that I completed recently, a custom illustration of the Great Sand Dunes for my friend Elizabeth. She saw some Colorado illustrations I did last spring (now for sale in my Etsy shop) and wanted a memento of her travels to the Dunes with her husband. This is what I designed for her:


I really wanted to capture the ripple effect of the sand when the wind blows over it. Sand dunes make a very interesting subject matter because of what you can do with positive and negative space, the light and the dark. Printed out the detail of the ripples looked really cool. I was so happy to be able to share my work and Elizabeth sent me this picture after she had it framed- whoo!

If you'd like a custom illustration, please let me know or you can check out my Aspen print for sale or my postcards.

No comments: