Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Curious George Saves The Day

The other day I came across a great article about a Curious George exhibit at The Jewish Museum in New York City...get me there! I loved reading the mischievous monkey books growing up but had no idea about the authors, Margret and H.A. Rey, until just recently. I'm always curious how other artists work. The two have quite an interesting tale themselves, which the exhibit suggests is sometimes is paralleled by Curious George's adventures (originally named Fifi!).

Just two days before the German invasion of Paris the couple fled on bicycles (!) carrying many of their drawings and illustrations. The exhibit touches on their travels to New York in 1940, the collaboration between Hans and Margret, and includes about 80 original drawings.

There is a great New York Times article here and slide show here. If you can't make it to NYC for the exhibit it will continue on to the Contemporary Jewish Museum in San Francisco from November 14-March 16, 2011.

No comments: