Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

DIY Chocolate Rum Treats, Deeeelicious!

Holiday party season is still swinging and if you like bringing a personalized host(ess) gift, give these no bake treats a whirl! I've adapted this from two different recipes for Rum Balls. Instead of using vanilla wafers which the traditional recipe calls for, I've discovered that chocolate graham crackers are beyond amazingly, decadently good. Actually, this is such a simple recipe you can use almost any sort of cookie as a base and different toppings such as melted chocolate and chopped nuts.


When I cook I'm not so precise with things...something I need to work on for baking but luckily this is no mess-up recipe.

Ingredients
~1 cup confectioners sugar and a bit extra for coating
~2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers
2 tablespoons cocoa powder (I've been using Hershey's)
1 tablespoon corn syrup...maybe just a tad extra
1/4 rum (at least)


Directions
Combine all the ingredients, mix well, chill in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to make the mix easier to roll. Once the mix is chilled, roll small dabbles into one-inch pieces then roll that in the confectioners sugar. Place in air tight container and keep refrigerated until snack time. To fit more pieces in containers I've used a bit of wax paper to separate the layers and keep them looking good. You may have to re-sugar them after they've been in the fridge for a bit.


This first time I made this I had to tinker and add a little more rum but then I realized it was a little too much rum (!) so I added some graham crackers and sugar until I got the right consistency. For a recent party I attended, I individually packaged up the treats for a festive presentation. It only took 10-15 minutes but if you don't have that extra time bringing them on a pretty little plate will do just fine. Have a ball with these treats!

1 comment:

Sarah Goodwin said...

Yum!!! We must be on the same wavelength. I posted my Aunt's peanut brittle recipe today.