Updated occasionally with projects, inspirations and ideas. Find my main site here discover more of my work. My favorite place to share updates is Instagram, follow me there.

Colorado State Train Museum

On a recent weekend I took a field trip to the Colorado State Railroad Museum in Golden (near the Coors plant). There were many interesting things to see including a variety of trains. One of my favorites was the mail sorting car. It was built by Standard Steel car and used from 1922 to 1967. A model of organization! There was also a display from the Denver HO club that included all sorts of randomness- kangaroos and deviled eggs. Another favorite was the antique map that includes my neighborhood- Marshall Station and the Gorham Post Office. It's quite the interesting history here, the road in front of my house was the railway for some time. There was a great selection of train literature and for any transportation buff, a must see!

No comments: